Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Christian Head Covering

Hello dear sisters today I wanted to share with you why I choose to wear a head covering as a Christian women, the main reasons behind why I cover are these:
  •  modesty, I don't want to flaunt my "glory" to the world
  •  I am showing honor to the headship order 
  •  It's easier to have my head covered at all times rather than running to get a head covering whenever I feel the need to pray. 
1 Corinthians 11:1-34 


Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything 


and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the 

head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. 

Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who 

prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head 

were shaven. ...

The original word for the head covering of a Christian (written in the New Testament) -Katakalupto-does not just mean hair it literally means a draping garment that goes downwards from the head. The head covering for me symbolism's:
  • Total submission to the Lord
  • Respect for my husband (future husband I should say)
  • Elimination on vanity
I hope this article has blessed you in some way and I strongly encourage you all to research further into Christian and head coverings. Please let me know what your opinions on the matter are. God bless!   





9 comments:

Eclectic Christian said...

Great post! I struggled with this passage for a while until I could no longer ignore it! I began covering in 2006 and I cover all the time (mostly)as well, because it is difficult to have to check your head before you pray. I tend to forget! Blessings!

Unknown said...

Great points you've made here! I love that covering from Garlands of Grace...it's in my Etsy favorites---so pretty! :) I read a great article the other night...perhaps you've already read it? It's on my blog under Resources and says something like, "the best covering article". I won't put the link here as often the comments don't go through with a link.

Blessings,
Mrs. Sarah Coller
www (dot) obediencewithoutlegalism (dot)blogspot (dot) com

Unknown said...

@ Mrs Sarah Coller I think I've seen that before that before, I'm not sure so I'm going to check it out again:) and thank you for the encouraging words! God bless!

Unknown said...

which country do you live? do you have a facebook page? I love your postings on Christian dressing.

ChristianModesty said...

@Kingsley Igie I live in the USA. I'm glad you like them, you can the link to Christian Modesty's page on Facebook on the side of all blog posts. Here is the link.
https://www.facebook.com/christianmodestyblogger
God bless.

Unknown said...

So Im not understanding one thing what parts of a females head need to be covered? Because the front of the head and other parts have hair showing? Why is that? Like is it okay to have a see through vail? Like it has to be covered but you can still see the hair? Im confused? Like not being rude honest question?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Primmrose said...

I was looking for modest Christian clothing when I ran across your piece on covering the head and was taught that a woman's hair is given to her as her covering. 1 Co. 11:15. Have I been wrong for years? I too am confused as was Azariah Brewer on Nov. 7, 2015.
Thank you for taking time to read these comments.

Anonymous said...

Hello, so I’m confused on this issue. I’m very close to accepting wearing a veil according to the Bible but there’s just one part of the passage that I am not clear on at all and I’d like to hear your view on it if you don’t mind. I’d be most comfortable discussing it privately. Do you have an email address that I can contact you with?