- modesty, I don't want to flaunt my "glory" to the world
- I am showing honor to the headship order
- It's easier to have my head covered at all times rather than running to get a head covering whenever I feel the need to pray.
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything
and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the
head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.
Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who
prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head
were shaven. ...
The original word for the head covering of a Christian (written in the New Testament) -Katakalupto-does not just mean hair it literally means a draping garment that goes downwards from the head. The head covering for me symbolism's:
- Total submission to the Lord
- Respect for my husband (future husband I should say)
- Elimination on vanity