Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How Sould A Christian Women Act


 Hello dear sisters! Today I wanted to talk about how a lady should behave in public. Women in today's day and age have had femininity and Bible teaching beat out of them and in it's place worldly teachings. The Bible calls us as Christian ladies to be meek, feminine, soft spoken and kind, the world teaches us to be loud, act like men and do whatever we please regardless of what the Bible says. When a girl goes out she should act with class and virtue, she shouldn't be rude, she should be meek and quiet. If she acts and dresses in a way that is provocative or loud she is going to attract negative attention to herself, and there will be people that will take advantage of her, and get the wrong impression about her. There was a group of girls in the grocery store the other day, they were over a few isles but you could hear every word they were saying because of how loud they were being, they were talking about a boy, giggling and making a scene, and when people would look at them funny they'd roll their eyes, not even realizing how silly they looked. This isn't how a young Christian women should act, Christian girls should come across different than worldly women, now obviously I don't know if these girls where Christians but that's just it! No one would know by watching them or looking at the way they were dressed. Christian girls 
should be separate for God, they should act pure, modest and quiet.  We are to be separate for the Lord, we shouldn't act the same as everyone else  especially non-believers. If people just by seeing how you act and dress can't tell your a Christian something is wrong, we want to act and dress the way the Bible commands us too, the world has no standards on how you should behave or dress. The Bible has very clear instructions on how it wants women to behave, and we Christian women should do everything to follow what the Lord commands of us. We shouldn't act or dress like men because God didn't create us to be men, we shouldn't be loud or silly because God calls women to act with grace and meekness, and we shouldn't be rude to people because God calls us to be compassionate and loving to everyone, even those who offend us. So please dear sisters let us be set apart in the way that we act, let us act like Christian ladies.
   

“One of the first evidences of a real lady, is that she should be modest. By modesty we mean that she shall not say, do, nor wear anything that would cause her to appear gaudy, ill-bred, or unchaste. There should be nothing about her to attract unfavorable attention, nothing in her dress or manner that would give a man an excuse for vulgar comment. When we dress contrary to the rule of modesty we give excuse for unwholesome thoughts in the mind of those who look upon us, and every girl who oversteps these bounds makes herself liable to misunderstanding and insult, though she may be innocent of any such intention.”
~ Margaret Hale

1 Timothy 2:11


Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. 




Proverbs 31:10-31

An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband 

trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of 


her life. She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. She is like the ships of the 


merchant; she brings her food from afar. ...

1 Peter 3:1

Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they 

may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives,

1 Peter 3:7 

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman 

as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not 


be hindered. 


Titus 2:3-5

Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They 

are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to 


be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and           submissive to their own husbands, that the 


word of God may not be reviled. 


God bless dear sisters! 






13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. I'm 19 years old and am a strong Christian, but that doesn't mean I have to be quiet and meek. I'm captain of the debate team so my opinion is certainly heard and I can be quite loud. I'm strong and confident and an inspired young woman. Meek is defined as quiet gentle and easily imposed on. I hate being quiet, that's just my personality. Sure I can be gentle but not to my competitors when I am playing basketball. And I would never allow any one to impose on my thoughts ideas and opinions. I am anything but what you have suggested all Christian should be, all Christian women must be. Does that make me a terrible person? No. It makes me a wonderful person because I am myself, and I still love God and I'm sure that God still loves me!

Anonymous said...

Is it more important to please yourself and others or is it more important to please our Father in heaven? You must overcome your worldly desires.

1 John 2:15-17
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.


John 5:30 - I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:31 - If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Matthew 4:4-It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Unknown said...

I suppose for younger women it does seem more difficult today in the world to be meek, and accomplish the goals that are often set for us. We are expected to work outside the home, often have an education, and care for our families with meekness, and submissiveness. Is it impossible to do this though? I don't believe it is maybe more difficult, but not because of our Father, thats because of the world we live in. As Christian ladies we should be able to adapt, be strong, and still act as a Christian lady should. Yes we have the freedom of speech, we can dress how we want, we can purchase anything we want to make ourselves look like something we aren't. Once again this is society not what the word of God says. I am blessed to have a Christian man in my life that is teaching me how to love, and I have stumbled because of my own will. I don't think its impossible to act as a Chrisitan lady today. Always look to Him for help. I have learned through the Christian man I'm with that following him isn't what I thought it once was. He looks out for me and my life in ways I do not even understand, but it is done out of love. We have been conditioned to believe any man who is trying to tell us what to do is doing it for his own selfish purposes. Now this may be true of many men but not all, and certainly not a true Christian man. He has taught me that I should shine a light for everyone around me to see. A light that makes others want to know what its about. How can they obtain that same feeling. Have i faultered? Sometimes daily, but I am learning, and I am experiencing a love I've never known, and I thank God everyday for someone in my life actually, genuinely looking out for my best interests. Isn't that what we say we want as women?? Do we want to do our part on the other end though?? Its a question you should ask yourself. I've had to. I've always wanted a Christian man in my life, but I didn't stop to think about how that meant I should act in return. I'm learning that now, and its not bad, its beautiful, and can be for a lifetime. We should shine daily as that reflects on the man we are with and the love we feel for him and our heavenly father.

Anonymous said...

As I continue on my journey with Christ I learn something new everyday about what it is to be a woman after God's own heart. The Bible has been a great teacher in that regard. What I have importantly learn is how to let a man of Christ love me. That is, how to be the kind of person who embodies the Godly traits of what God cherishes in us as ladies: kindness, compassion, faithfulness, non argumentative and yes, expressing one self in a softness that will be heard because of the heart inside of you. In other words, I learn everyday it is alright to let a man lead as long as he is leading the way Christ wants him to lead,and I am laying the right supportive foundation of mutual gingerly respect in a world that marginalizes us.

Anonymous said...

Jordan Challis- if you are a true Christian woman you would want to obey Gods Word. He wrote how a daughter of God is to act and conduct herself. If you refuse to obey, then that just means you are not really His. Sorry, but that's just the truth. You want to live life your way and not Gods way and Jesus said His brothers and sisters are those whom does the will of the Father.

Unknown said...

I agree with you! Although I'm sometimes quiet I love being my crazy self in a good way. I'm a still a Christian buy it doesn't mean us woman had to change completely who we are. The right?

Unknown said...

I agree with you! Although I'm sometimes quiet I love being my crazy self in a good way. I'm a still a Christian buy it doesn't mean us woman had to change completely who we are. The right?

Unknown said...

I am absolutely happy and grateful to have read all the comments. I say, a man who is not lead by Christ cannot have me as a wife. I trust a man who loves God with all his heart, I am a 35 year old, a single mother to an eight year old daughter and I hope to meet a God fearing, responsible man some day and until then I am happy to be alone. I like dressing up properly but I also love looking good.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this. Thank you:)

Unknown said...

Meek means power under control

Unknown said...

Meek means power under control

Shanya Elizabeth said...

I want to obey God but I cant be myself, I can no longer be silly, meaning I cant tell jokes laugh loudly, be humorous. I have to be gentle and cant be rough with anything and I cant even wear pants becuase its considered man clothes? I feel like the musliums women in suadi arabi who are beaten, stripped of rights, suffer in silence but no one cares because women are supposed to be silent about what happens.,they cant wear what they please and are treated no different than animals. I am okay with being modest and not dressing like a prostitute but are you saying I cant wear jeans? I cant always wear dresses you know. Didn't Queen Esther stand up for her people even though she was not invited to meet with the king without approval, but she risked disobeying the laws for her people, and there was a women who lived in the walls and was a very successful businesswomen

jahhouse.com said...

Well for you people who deny God's word and call yourself Christians:
1. If you are a real Christian, repent according to what God says,
2. If you are not a real Christian, and refuse to hear the word of God ever then stop
pretending you are a Christian.
3. If you are willing to get born again by faith do so

IN ANY CASE STOP TAKING GOD'S NAME IN VAIN SINCE YOU ARE DENYING WHAT HE SAYS!

jahhouse.com

jahhouse.com/modesty.pdf