Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Psalm 95:1-6 

    "O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.

                                                                                            
                                                                             My Mother and two brothers Christian and                            
                                                                   Gabriel. (My father is the one holding the camera)

                                                                                     Thanksgiving is important to me because it is a time to give thanks to our Lord,

for the many blessings He has given us. It is a time to stop and remember all the wonderful things that

happened through out the year, and a time to be thankful we have a family near. Thanksgiving to me

isn't about the food or what we receive. It's about being thankful for what we already have; family,

friends and people we care about. To give thanks is to show God we love and appreciate Him, even

though we sometimes forget the little things God does for us. Thanksgiving is a day to remember all the

little and big things. What I'm thankful for, what thanksgiving really means and how I intend to

celebrate this Thanksgiving.


Thanksgiving is a holiday created in the 1623, by the Pilgrim's and the Indians.

They created this holiday to give thanks to God for a plentiful harvest. Now clearly we don't share 


the exact reasons the Pilgrim's where thankful on this day. However we do share one reason, we 



have a plentiful harvest. Not a harvest of crops, but a harvest of many other things. We have a huge 



harvest of love, of joy, of faith and of God's grace. Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks to God for 



providing us  with a plentiful harvest. A feeling of gratitude, that is the definition of thanks. However 

to give thanks means something  different. To give thanks is to not only feel gratitude, it's to show 

and express that feeling of appreciation. To give thanks means to try and give back to whomever 

your thankful for or to. Giving thanks is a way to show God we haven't forgotten what He or the 

people he blessed us with.

I intend to show my thanks to our Lord through prayer and spending time with the wonderful family 

He gave me. Thanksgiving has forever been a day to spend with your family, to now only show God 

your thanks but to give   thanks to your family as well. In prayer I would  thank God for the many 

blessing He has bestowed upon me this year;my family my new found faith and or the many hardships 

I faced this year. I would show thanks to my family by spending a day with them and praying for 

them. These are the ways I would show my thanks this year.

To conclude, the holiday Thanksgiving is about showing gratitude and  appreciation to God. 

Thanksgiving should be spent with the people you love. You should show your thanks through prayer 

and giving to others. Thank God for your plentiful harvest this Thanksgiving season.      

God Bless All!



No comments: