Monday, January 28, 2013

Modest Skirts

Hello dear sisters in Christ, I hope you all are having a very blessed day. Today I wanted to share with you all my opinions on skirt lengths and what I find to be the most modest and biblical

Mini Skirt: 
Thigh is defined as "nakedness" in the Bible, in a mini skirt the entire upper leg is exposed which is not only immodest but also a stumbling block to our brothers in Christ. 

 "You are to make linen undergarments for them to cover their naked flesh, and they are to reach
from the loins to the thighs."  Exodus 28:42
Printed denim mini skirt
Calf Skirt : I find this length to be Biblical and modest.  Make sure however upon sitting that your knees or your thigh is exposed as that would be no better than wearing a mini skirt.


Ankle Length Skirt: My favorite and most modest, and most "Christian looking" in my opinion. remember sisters we are to set apart from the world not striving to look like it.  
These are the reasons I like ankle length skirts.

1. A wind could blow, yes I'm being serious I've seen many ladies even in modest skirts been thrown up by a strong gust of wind (which is also why I advice ladies to wear something under there skirts. ) however when a wind blows for me my skirt only tangles around my legs rather than exposing them.

2. I find having my entire leg covered is more modest then just most of. believe it or not women's legs ARE a stumbling block for men and I find it more modest to cover my whole leg.

3. More comfortable: I love ankle length skirts, they are comfy and warm and if worn in cotton they can be very cooling in the summer. 

God bless dear sisters I hope this article has blessed you in some way. 




2 comments:

Rebecca Reyes said...

Do u wear leggings under ur skirts? What do you suggest?

Unknown said...

Opaque tights are good legwear.