Hello dear sisters! I hope you all are having a blessed day, it's been a little while since I made a post and today I wanted to share with you all my thoughts on modesty and how it relates to courtship. Modesty plays a role in courtship in many ways.
1. Most importantly it helps attract the right man: Dressing modestly is sure to attract the right man because an ungodly man isn't going to want someone who cares about modesty, they have no standards for it and see no reason for it.
2. It helps him keep pure thoughts: Even after you have agreed to courting, you still want to keep pure thoughts (your not married just yet). you don't want to a stumbling block to your courting friend.
1 Corinthians 8:13
Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother
3. It helps let him know you are a Christian lady: Even before he talks to you, if a woman is dressed in a Christian fashion she will attract a Christian man to her, someone with dignity and class that is looking for a dedicated Christian women to court.
4. More respect: a man is much more likely to show a lady dressed in a classy and non-revealing style more respect than he would a women who's letting it all hang out.
5. Want to know you for you and not your body: remember dear brothers and sisters looks fade, don't go head over heels for someone simply because there handsome or pretty, people get older and we need to fall in love with whats on the inside as that will never go away.
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with
her in his heart
Remember sisters and brothers it is a sin to have lustful thoughts about someone other than your spouse, let us all strive to have pure thoughts and have a healthy courtship. And please dear sisters don't lower your standards! If a man is trying to change your or asking you to wear revealing clothing before marriage kick him to the curb, he isn't a real Christian and isn't interested in you, just your body and ALL women deserve better than that. God bless dear sisters and brothers!