Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dressing Simple As A Christian

Hello sisters, today I want to talk about why it is important for a Christian women to dress in a simple and plain way. The Bible commands this in 1 Timothy, it says women should adorn themselves in modest apparel and goes on to say they should wear golds or pearls or anything extravagant. If you where to look up modesty in dress this is in part what definition would be given : simplicity; moderation. This is exactly how the Lord calls us to dress, He wants us in dress in a way that isn't going to bring negative attention to ourselves, in a way that will bring Glory to him, in a way that makes us look like Christians. Most people now a day's think "well if i'm covered I'm modest" But that isn't the case, obviously being covered up is what modesty is a bout in majority but it's not the only thing the Bible commands, it calls us to dress simply, not with heavy makeup or extravagant jewelry or with bright, flashy clothing. So let us as Christian women follow what the Bible says; whether we like it or not, whether we feel like we fit in, whether we are made fun of, the Lord died for us, we CAN do this for him, let us glorify the Lord. God bless sisters.  


1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Timothy 2:9-10



Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The plain people have been such an inspiration to me and my daughter (and sons) not only to be modest, but to dress in colors and attire that don't attract attention. Before Christ, I use to dress to be seen, but now I dress to be hidden so He can be seen in me. By God's grace, my husband and I are setting the same standards for the household.

Karen said...

You know, I'm a Christian, but I have never considered wearing skirts regularly until this summer. I'm a little nervous about it, because this is very unusual for anyone in my religion to do. As far as I know, no one does it. So I wanted to thank you for your blog. It is very inspiring, and it has helped me a lot. I also want people to see Christ through me. And I feel that this would be a better way for people to be brought to him.