Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dressing Modestly

Hello sisters! Today I wanted to share my opinions on a common misconception: When you start dressing in a way that is pleasing to the Lord you must begin to dress "frumpy"
Frumpy: a person who is dowdy, drab, and unattractive. That is the definition of frumpy, I want all my sisters to understand dressing modestly doesn't mean you can't define your waist or look like a lady. If anything modesty should increase your femininity in dress. God created us ladies He wants us the look like ladies! (Part of why I wear skirts also is they separate us from men.)  I saw a study the other day saying men aren't as attracted to women anymore because women dress and act like men! No man wants his women to dress like another man. 


A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this. (Deuteronomy 22:5)

Now I think this Bible verse is more referring to cross dressing but I still think it apply's in the sense that God doesn't want men and women to wear the same attire or same looking attire because it blurs the firm line He put between the sexes. God made us feminine creatures,  it's why men are attracted to us because we are so different from them. God wants women to dress like women and men to dress like men. So please dear sisters don't feel that you must wear a brown paper bag over your body to be modest, remember God made us feminine, modest ladies:)  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just got the idea for a theme for the family Christmas party that we’re cooking! Thanks for inspiring me…
LeckysChristianApparel.com