Sunday, April 7, 2013

3 Misunderstandings About Christian Head Coverings


Hello dear sisters, today I wanted to talk about the most common misunderstandings about Christians who wear head coverings.

1 Corinthians 11:3-16 





But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her 






husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered 







dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her 






head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. For if a wife will not cover her head, then 






she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her 







head, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and 







glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. ...











1st misunderstanding: Hair is a women's covering: There are some keys parts written in this passage that wouldn't make sense unless the Bible was referring to a head covering of cloth.





          A. "since it is the same as if her head were shaven" This       verse says it is the SAME as if she were shaven, why would the Bible use the word "same" if it was literally talking about a women's hair being shaven off?  







          B.  "For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short" Again if the Bible was referring to a women's hair this verse wouldn't make sense. 






 In nature a women's hair is her covering but in prayer the Bible calls for a covering of cloth. 






2nd misunderstanding: It doesn't apply today: This is more of a denial than it is a misunderstanding but I thought I'd add it anyway, I have heard this many, many many times in my experience in wearing head coverings and my question is why? why does this no longer apply? 




  

2 Thessalonians 2:15




So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our 






spoken word or by our letter.








1 Corinthians 11:1-2




Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything 






and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you.







Doesn't the Bible clearly state here we are to follow the traditions the Lord has laid out for us through all the years. When the Word of God was written don't you think God knew that times would change? Is He not ALL knowing? 







3rd misunderstanding: So you think your better: this misunderstanding I have only heard a few times but I thought I add it too. All I can say to this is it isn't rue, I and other Christian women who cover don't believe our self's to be better than anyone  simply because we cover. Then are hundreds of things the Bible says to follow and just because we cover doesn't mean we succeed in all these areas. We fail just like everyone else.    






I hope this article 
has blessed you in some way, God bless! 










No comments: