Hello dear sisters in Christ, today I wanted to talk about being afraid to follow the Word of God when it comes to modesty. Lot's of people are afraid to listen to this Bible verse:
1 Timothy 2:9
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-
control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,
Why would someone be afraid to follow the word?
1. Afraid of being made fun of: Their are many people who love to mock and say hateful things to and about Christians. This can be especially hard if a Christian is of school age and doesn't have the wonderful option of homeschooling. My advice to this is prayer, the Lord only gives us what we can handle, and think of how much the Lord suffered, was mocked and made fun of. Think of that and know you can do His will.
2. Afraid of being different: This fear sort of goes along with the first fear, standing out for the Lord is NOT something to be afraid or ashamed of. Christians aren't supposed to act or dress the way the world tell's us is okay.
3. Afraid of being unattractive: Many young women don't want to dress mostly (or wear prayer coverings for that matter) because they are afraid they'll look unattractive to the opposite sex. Let me put it like this, would you want to court or marry someone one who A. is interested in seeing all of you before committing to you and B. doesn't care that the Bible says clearly that women are to dress modestly. This certainly wouldn't be the type of man a young Christian women should want to attract anyway.
4. Afraid of giving up something that is "fun" for them: A lot of women consider picking up on trends fun however in today's modern and corrupt world these "trends" hardly fit the category of modesty that the Bible calls for.
5. Afraid of be thought of as an extremist: I'll face it, most people in today's world would call me an extremist, with my ankle length skirts and head coverings, I certainly don't look like a fashion model of 2013. But why would I want to? The Bible gives clear instructions on modesty, isn't His opinion SO much more important than the people calling me or you and extremist. I would rather know in my heart I am pleasing our Creator than pleasing the world. Besides I kinda like the sound of being calls extreme for the Lord.
God bless you dear sisters, I hope this article has blessed you in some way!